Man Who Worked on Camp Lejeune Sues U.S. Government over Non-Hodgkin’s Lymphoma Diagnosis

soldier standing and hugging his wife

In a recent lawsuit filed by a South Carolina man, the plaintiff alleges that exposure to contaminated water led to his Non-Hodgkin’s Lymphoma diagnosis. The man was working and living on military base Camp Lejeune in North Carolina between the 1950s and 1980s, where he drank, bathed in, and cooked with water that was contaminated with TCE, PCE, vinyl chloride and benzene. During this time, the federal government dumped these hazardous substances into the water surrounding the base. Exposure to these toxins, the plaintiff alleges, led to several life-threatening illnesses, including Non-Hodgkin’s Lymphoma.

The plaintiff brings his allegations under legislation enacted by President Biden in August 2022. The Camp Lejeune Justice Act opened a two-year window for anyone who was exposed to the contaminated water at Camp Lejeune for at least 30 days between 1953 and 1987 and suffered injuries.  During this window, plaintiffs may file claims against the U.S. government for compensation related to their injuries. Some of the injuries plaintiffs are claiming include:

  • Aplastic Anemia or other Myelodysplastic Syndromes
  • Birth Defects
  • Bladder Cancer
  • Breast Cancer
  • Esophageal Cancer
  • Female Infertility
  • Kidney Cancer
  • Leukemia
  • Liver Cancer
  • Lung Cancer
  • Miscarriage
  • Multiple Myeloma
  • Non-Hodgkin’s Lymphoma
  • Parkinson’s Disease
  • Renal Toxicity
  • Scleroderma

Since the new law went into effect in August 2022, tens of thousands of veterans and their family members have filed claims against the government for their injuries.

Contact Grant & Eisenhofer to Discuss Your Situation

If you lived or worked at Camp Lejeune in North Carolina between 1953 and 1987 and believe your cancer or other serious injury was caused by water contamination, call us today. Our skilled attorneys can evaluate your potential claim with you during a completely free consultation. Call us at (888) 984-7988 or fill out our contact form to speak with an attorney about your potential case.

Scroll to Top