Defective Products & Medical Devices
Serving Clients Nationwide to Hold Companies and Manufacturers Accountable for Dangerous Products and Medical Devices
At Grant & Eisenhofer, our legal team is well-versed in product liability law. Product liability is a field of tort law. Under this type of law, a company involved in the manufacturing of a product may be held liable for damages caused by that product.
If you have been injured or have suffered other damages due to a dangerous product or medical device, contact our legal team. You may be eligible to seek compensation for your damages.
Have Questions Regarding a Potential Defective Product Claim? Reach Out to Our Team Today.
Product Liability and Mass Tort Litigation
Mass tort cases are assembled when many people are harmed in a similar way due to a company’s alleged negligence. One of the most common types of mass tort cases are product liability torts. These cases can be filed for many different reasons, often due to a defective product such as a faulty medical device.
If you or a loved one was harmed due to a defective product or medical device, you may be eligible to file a product liability lawsuit.
Types of Product Liability Claims
Generally, there are three types of product liability lawsuits an individual can file against a company. The three types of claims include:
- Strict liability
- Breach of warranty
Regardless of what type of claim is filed, a claimant will need to prove that at least one of the three defects below existed.
- Manufacturer Defects. A manufacturer defect is caused by an error in the production or assembly process. This type of defect may happen due to an issue on the assembly line at the factory.
- Design Defects. A design defect occurs when the people or entities involved in the blueprint or specifications of the product are responsible for an error that renders the whole product line unreasonably dangerous.
- Failure to Warn (Marketing Defects). A marketing defect occurs when a manufacturer fails to provide adequate instruction on how to use a product or fails to warn its consumers about an inherent risk of the product. The manufacturer, however, does not need to warn consumers of the obvious risks of a product. For example, a manufacturer does not need to warn consumers that a knife is sharp.
How a Defective Product Lawyer Helps Injured Individuals
Grant & Eisenhofer is a leading plaintiffs’ firm in the mass tort industry, having recovered large-scale settlements on behalf of its clients against numerous pharmaceutical product and device manufacturers.
If you have been significantly injured by a defective product or medical device, speak to an attorney experienced in product liability law and mass tort litigation.
Our lawyers are actively reviewing claims for the following products and medical devices:
- Baby Formula Lawsuit
- Philips CPAP and BiPAP device
- Talcum powder
- 3M Combat Arms earplugs
- Metal hip replacement systems
- Hernia mesh products
- Juul and e-cigarettes
- Wright or MicroPort Profemur hip implant
- And more
Contact Our Legal Team Today to Request a Free Consultation. We Welcome Your Call.
Schedule a free consultation with us to discuss your potential defective or dangerous product or medical device claim.